An updated cancellation policy for WI APWA Chapter events was approved by the Executive Committee meeting at its March 6, 2020. This policy was developed to address cancellations that occur at our events with minimal advance notice. The chapter loses money on refunds after commitment of meals and other expenses that have been guaranteed to the facility serving the event. The Chapter also loses the cost of processing fees from electronic payment transactions. (Note that transfer of registrations, or tickets, for event activities to another person will be accepted in lieu of cancellation.)
Below is the Chapter's cancellation policy. This policy statement will be referenced or included on all registration materials used for chapter events:
1. All registered individuals or entities that request a cancellation for any WI APWA Chapter event will incur a six percent (6%) cost for electronic transaction.
2. A refund of 50% will be given for cancellations that are less than fourteen (14) days prior to event start date.
3. Any special request from individuals or entities requesting a refund less than fourteen (14) days before the event shall be required to submit their requests to the host committee and the treasurer.
4. No refunds will be issued for no shows at an event.
5. For any event cancelled by WI APWA, all registered individuals or entities will receive a FULL REFUND with no administrative fee.
6. All refunds will be issued to the credit card in which they were made.